Slow Pack

So I have been wanting to make a new post for a while now but I have just been too lazy to do it (even though this entire summer was a lazy first-summer-off-since-I-began-college-four-years-ago summer where I literally did nothing, save for minor things I've had to do to prepare and requirements I needed to fulfill for my fellowship/scholarships).

So here I am. I am officially 7 days away from my departure. At first I was really pumped to just leave already since I've wanted to travel to Japan for as long as I can remember (not to mention being incredibly jealous when watching/hearing my friends go off living one of my dreams). Then as it crept closer I started freaking out like "Oh god I don't want to go! I can't accept change! I must stay here in the comfort of my home with my mom's delicious home cooking all the time!" etc, etc. Finally in the last week I think all of that has exited my system and I'm in the "just be over with already and take me to Japan" feel.

I've thought of a couple places I want to go to for sure and others depending on whether or not I can score a JASSO scholarship. If I am able to get the JASSO (which for those of you who are unaware, it's a scholarship funded by the Japanese government and they give a monthly stipend of 80,000JPY, so about 800USD, and it is only for foreign exchange students) then I will have my trip ENTIRELY paid for.

Japan Student Services Organization-JASSO

As of this point it is 'practically' paid for. As in, I don't need to dish out anything for tuition, dorm rent (includes utilities and fees and whatnot), round trip plane ticket, and possibly books depending on how expensive they are. But I am not covered on local transportation and money for food to sustain myself, which is actually a decent amount of money when you multiply it over 6 months. Now I have the money for this personal stuff but because the funding for my fellowship got cut in half (I won't make it back for the western academic calendar's "spring semester"... and it was a full-yr fellowship deal) I won't have any funds replenished when I go back. But if I get JASSO, there is no way I can eat through 800USD a month and it would probably cover my transportation costs too so everything I bring with me will just be frivolous spending money! That would be incredible because I could go wherever and basically do whatever without having to count every last dollar I spent by the end of the day. So less stress and more fun! But we'll see how it goes. I'm very thankful to have this much of my trip paid for already (though its not to say I didn't work my ass off for it), but my life would be set with JASSO.

Anyways, I somehow rant so much on these posts. I'm slowly doing a 'light' pack right now. So clothes, things I am not currently using but will take with me, minor toiletries, and medicine (dayquil, midol, ancient Chinese secrets) are going into my luggage. I know I'm not taking that many things with me and by the looks of it I may be going with an entirely empty luggage carrier. Which is fine by me because that means I get to take more stuff back with me. I'm trying my best to go over there with the bare minimum, so IE not taking things I clearly don't need like 6 pillows and my entire Pokemon collection. Maybe when I'm done packing I'll take some photos and post em here.

Now for my last haircut and new dye before I leave!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 早稲田大学に行きましょう and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.