BIG BOX

I hadn't really had plans for today but ever since I found out that a game arcade existed about a 10 minute walk from my dorm, I've been itching to go.

7/11 breakfast run
 The meal is some kind of curry cheese rice bowl..... and I regretted eating it after I finished it. I mean it tasted great but it is definitely the most unhealthiest thing I have eaten here. It's like American-unhealthy. I didn't realize it was quite so cheesy and oily but hey now I know.

The Milk Tea is easily the best premade milk tea I have had. But of course nothing beats my mom's homemade Hong Kong style milk tea (with boba!). Also I had the mayonnaise shrimp onigiri (I thought it was eel not shrimp...) and it tastes interesting. Like it would probably taste better to someone with more "American" tastebuds. I doubt I'd buy it again.

I didn't eat the other things because I felt a little ill after eating this.

Alien probe
 Joanna, Lillian, and I came back from our 7/11 run and sat in the lounge to eat and chat. Then we brought up our laptops and the subject of chargers came up and I flipped out that people don't have the same charger as us! Such an American thing to think, but I thought that everybody had the 3 prong American style plug and America was just wishy-washy and had to have 3 prong and 2 prong but LOOK AT THIS AUSTRALIAN PLUG. CRAZY.

I originally thought BIG BOX was the name of the arcade

This is right next to Takadanobaba Station. Sasha (Russia), Anne (Canada), Joanna (Australia), and me all went to BIG BOX together. It's dangerous that an arcade is so close to where I live...

They have very interesting things on each floor

large 100JPY shop... they have everything and its not even the 3 story DAISO in Harajuku

UNIQLO!
I thought I took more photos but guess not. It was actually pretty disappointing because I almost exclusively wear graphic tees and they only had like 3 designs and they were on clearance.... Maybe the Harajuku one?

Excelsior Cafe
 Couldn't figure out why the name sounded familiar until Anne pointed out it is in Silver Linings Playbook. I think I may have also heard it used somewhere though too. The name is just hilarious hahah.

TAITO GAME CENTERRRRRRRRRR



Of course for this photo, I actually look genuinely happy even though thats like the only feeling I've had in every photo taken of me here...

WAILORD COME TO ME

I spent a lot on this machine.. and didn't win it. It is totally rigged and incredibly difficult to win. Hint to new Japanese arcade goers: if it's a UFO figure you're after, you're most likely better off buying online. At least Pokemon figures are really cheap compared to how much I dished.



If you look at the bottom left and right Gengar (purple ghost thing) you can see it has been tied down. So there are only a few that are possible to catch. I wanted a Gengar though...
After Joanna pried my gambling hands away from all the Pokemon UFO catcher machines we went in and decided to take a Purikura or a fun photo editor kind of thing.

Inside the booth! It's huge! The back is all green screen.
 Our poses were really awkward and unexpected because there's not much time and you should never do 4 people at a time unless you know what you're doing! It was way too cramped and our printed photo is time because its the same 1 sheet but split 4 ways. 2 people would be the best. Still fun though!

Joanna, Anne, and Sasha editing my pretty uguu face

endless endless amount of stickers and customization options



Sasha decided to play the Taiko game! It looks really fun. If I didn't blow all the money I allowed myself to spend I would have played it too... Next time!


Bowling alley next floor up!

Farewell my love... I be back soon. Wait for me.

Glasses drug what

Passed by Saint Germain bakery directly across from BIG BOX.

My weakness may be UFO catchers but Anne's and Joanna's weaknesses are sweets!

So organized and pretty and delicious looking


Premade soft serve ice cream.... the epitome of convenience
 Finally we start heading home and on our way to BIG BOX I noticed a gun shop so when we came back I had to snap some photos. It is just so ridiculous and unexpected. Aren't Japanese people scared of these or anything?


They are fake models but it's weird seeing them without a bright orange cap like in America

Tried to find a cafe to chill but they were mostly all full, too expensive, or someone wouldn't like it. The downside to traveling in a group... you have to accomodate everyone.

My loot for the day. The memo stationary and folder are from the 100JPY shop.
Stationary to slip notes under friends' dorms, folder to store and keep track of my receipts.


I came in with confidence but...

It turned out fairly poorly. It certainly looks like curry but the taste is missing a lot. Edible, but hard to get through so much. My Buizel Go joins me (named Go because Go-sen yen that's how much I spent at the arcade and just got him. So much sentimental value!)



1 comment:

  1. HOLY CRAP $50!?!? On UFO (Claw???) games!? But Taiko no Tatsujin! :D I love that game. Appropriately enough. XD

    Lolol, you American you. Not knowing the world has different plugs from each other XP. That's why you need converters and stuff when you travel. Also, fun fact. America has one of the most unsafe plugs in the world. Ah hahaha

    Also, my friends and I have fit at least 10 people in a purikura booth before. XD

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2013 早稲田大学に行きましょう and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.