Storm Day

You may have heard by now (or if you know me personally and/or are my parents you may have been freaking out) but a typhoon kind of wracked Japan yesterday and today. Tokyo never really gets the brunt of natural disasters so it's not a big deal here. We had strong wind and rain and not many people left the comfort of their dorms.

Just sat back in my room with Alicia (America, Tennessee- though she studies in DC) watching S2 of Korra!
 Later on I got a knock on my door from Marina (Belarus) and she joined us for a bit before I just NEEDED to shower. I didn't last night because it was late and people were drunk and I was dead tired.

After I came back I finished the latest episode of Breaking Bad (S5E14) and kind of lost it for a bit. Joanna and Marina dropped by. I think Joanna asked if I wanted to go to the WIC event but I promised myself I would wait until Tuesday to exchange more Traveler's Cheques so I don't spend more money and so I don't have to go to an ATM and get money from my credit card and eat a ton of fees. In the end Joanna didn't go to the WIC event either but she and Alicia went to "My Basket" a small grocery store with a ridiculous name to buy supplies for cooking.

Marina and I just chilled and talked about random things like KPOP and the dictatorship over her country.
Finally left my room with Marina and watched the news
 Seems like the typhoon hit the Kyoto area first and then moved up Northeast. All we got was lots of rain and wind but not enough to flood like Kyoto. I think 4 people died in the typhoon up north but they were all over 70 years old, not that that makes it any better, but I didn't hear of any children or young people dying so if you were able bodied it wasn't as hard to escape.

Ahhhh so many people cooking delicious food for me all the time!!!

The chefs! Alicia (left) cooked the red sauce and Joanna (right) cooked the white sauce... both were amazing!

Then I ran into Clovis (France) in the kitchen and he was making salmon rolls!
He.... made a lot
 But yeah short post because I literally did nothing. I'm safe though so no worries. When I woke at 4AM I could hear the wind but I don't think I've seen a drop of rain so it may be over for Tokyo. Which works because I have a SILS orientation today for 2 hours. Until next time!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 早稲田大学に行きましょう and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.