Cat Cafe & SILS Senpai Party

This post is several days overdue so I'm really sorry... I'm going to do 3 posts in one day so let's see how long this is going to take me.

A couple of the international dorm members decided to get together and go to the cat cafe and of course I wanted to go as well. Most events are created and spread through Facebook and since I don't have one I find out stuff through word of mouth. But most everyone I know has a Facebook so its usually not a problem.

An Amazon package?
SO SMALL
It's a COIN PURSE Amazon Japan why did you need to send it in an obnoxious box?? Aren't you more about being environmentally friendly or something?
Any ways, I bought a coin purse because it has been awful dealing with Japanese coins because not only are they used so commonly but I didn't have a proper case so it has been frustrating.
The sewage opening has a face
So everyday I have been to Waseda I have run into people cleaning the benches. And not only are they just cleaning it, they scrub it thoroughly with a brush. EVERY single bench. It seems a bit excessive... I haven't really seen anyone actually sitting on them...
These trash bins tell you how to separate but the ones in our dorm don't..
Dropped by a ramen shop for... brunch?
My eyes... they are Asian
Anne
Also Anne
Lots of spices and extra stuff for you to add into your ramen
Japanese... chandelier?
I think I got some kind of spicy ramen... It wasn't really spicy at all, the portions were tiny, and it was quite expensive (850JPY). Definitely not going there again.
Pose!
Joanna gave me one of her gyoza. It was tiny but delicious!
Now we're headed to the Cat Cafe
Pretty big group! Maybe... 15 people? All organized by ourselves so there weren't any Japanese Waseda students to guide us, though we didn't run into any trouble.
Panda train station lockers!
UNIQLOOOO... didn't go in though



Pachinko again

Cool underpass mosaic art
Almost there!
WE'RE HERE
OH MY GOD CALICO
It was a fairly big cafe (2 floors!)
Some rules before you enter
My name tag!
Left: Sora Right: Nino
Caaaaaaats
caaaaaaaaaaaaaaatsssss
mushy cat
licking cat
cleaning cat
curious cat
Ka-In (Ireland) just chilling
Adorable ragdoll kitty
GRUMPY CAT
SO MANY GRUMPS
Just.... so displeased with life
They even had an iPad (though its like 1G) and a Wii U, though no one was playing with them. Who comes to a Cat Cafe to play video games?
kitty kitty kitty
pretty kitty

sleepy GIANT kitty
gorgeous British shorthair (?) with orange eyes
5F cat lounge
Another grumpy kitty!
Kitty lounge paradise
Cat profiles book... ADORABLE! I dunno how the staff remember all the names of like 25+ cats

MUSHY FLUFFY CAT
Munchkin!
Ragdoll with the same name as me!
Can't remember the breed name for this cat
But it definitely looks very exotic
And she was incredibly sweet

I'm notorious for being ungodly allergic to cats in the States but for whatever reason I am completely unallergic to Japanese cats. I pet them and touched my face without washing my hands of the cat-ness and nothing happened. They must have some different DNA strain that makes it so their fur is hypoallergenic... or something like that.

Very intense cakes... at least I think that's what they are
After an hour at the Cat Cafe, we headed off to Gusto, a family-style restaurant cafe for some drinks and dessert
delicious water
Anne ecstatic about the "all you can drink"
So many flavours! I love melon soda.
More flavours!
We sat separately...
..because our group was too huge!
My delicious and cheap dessert
and Anne's delicious and cheap dessert!
I don't even know what this place is
Now we're heading home
Bakery inside the train station. We all had some free smells.
Anne is grossly unhappy with Joanna's sunny demeanor.
From left to right... I don't know everyone's names sorry!

Sonmi (Sunni? Dunno how to spell it!) (Taiwan) (Taiwan) (Taiwan) Shirlene (Sharlene? Dunno how to spell it either!) (Ireland)
Next came the SILS Senpai party where 2nd year + SILS students came and were supposedly going to educate us more about the SILS program and offer advice on classes... But it just ended up being a tedious repetition of explaining where you are from, how old you are, and what your major is. The entire night was just introduction after re-introduction.

Also somehow the food and layout was nearly identical to the Waseda Int'l Students Welcome party...
A lot people still attended because SILS is such a large program
We had a really awesome group of a beatboxer and violinist performing some really awesome music. They were thoroughly entertaining and watching them made it worth it to come to this otherwise monotonous "Senpai Party".
For some reason there was another group of entirely different people but did the same Okinawan Fisherman's dance like the int'l students party. But we all shouted "Dokkoisho" and "So-ran" again because it's fun.
We decided to leave early because the music was insanely loud and it was just so boring. It was a repeat of a couple nights ago so why even bother? Eda bought a sweet at the Patisserie, that for some reason is located inside a residential area.
And my beautiful Leprosy ridden foot. Yeah I wasn't kidding about my foot burning at Meijijingu.

Again sorry for the late post... it took me forever to finish this post and it's so half assed any ways. Not much Waseda-related has happened lately and what little that has is just boring and pointless to be honest. Too much unnecessary theatricality that has no real purpose and practical base... I also had some videos of performances and of the cat cafe but currently I'm too lazy to convert and upload them so many I'll update this post with the videos some other time.

I'm still missing today's post (09/22) and yesterday's (09/21) but hopefully I can get them posted tomorrow morning or something. In the mean time, I'm headed off to bed. Till next time.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 早稲田大学に行きましょう and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.